What Is Pay Per Head
We’ve been discussing “pay per head” (PPH) in our previous lessons.
Now is the time to teach you exactly what pay per head is.
A pay per head is a turnkey bookie solution that includes a ton of features. First off, a PPH is a SaaS (Software as a Service). PPH services license software that they host and maintain.
When you join a PPH, you have the choice of having a custom website using your domain (URL).
The in-house developers hired by pay per head companies will handle the technical work. Once the site is operational, you’ll be able to run a sportsbook, racebook and casino.
The software is the most important feature offered by pay per heads, but far from the only feature.
Benefits of Using a Pay Per Head Service
1. Huge Betting Board: Offer thousands of weekly betting markets. Your betting board will be just as big as your competitors with a wealth of major US sports and international markets.
Here are just some of the sports your players will be able to bet on: NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NASCAR, UFC, F1, tennis, golf, soccer, cricket, rugby, volleyball, eSports and anything else you can think of.
2. Open 24/7: Pay per heads handle support, accept bets from your players through a live 24/7 call center, plus they ensure your website is secure and operational (99.9% uptime).
3. All-in-One Solution: Offer sports betting (sportsbook), horse betting (racebook) and casino games on your gambling website. Your players will never need to visit a competitor.
Some of the best pay per head services even have live betting (in-play) and live dealer games.
4. Linemakers: The last thing a small bookie can afford is a linesmaker to maintain the odds and adjust them based on line movement across the industry. PPH services handle odds management for the bookies, although you can customize nearly everything.
This is why we’ve been teaching you about understanding and calculating odds. While a PPH may handle most of these tasks, there are times when a manual adjustment is necessary.
5. Automation: As a bookie, you need to track bets, grade bets (process winning/losing wagers) and keep records of everything. A PPH service will automate all of these tasks.
6. Financial Reports: A bit part of being a bookie is tracking where the money is going. You get access to a lot of real-time betting and financial reports when you use a PPH.
One of the most popular real-time features is the bet ticker, which shows details of every bet placed.
What’s Left for Me to Do?
Believe us, there’s still plenty to do.
A PPH will free up your time, though, allowing you to focus on the most important aspects of being a bookie, which is marketing. Without players, you’re not going to make any money.
One thing the majority of PPHs don’t do is handle the payment processing either.
You’ll be the one dealing with the money, which is best. We discuss in earlier lessons the best ways to collect and payout your players. With the real-time reports, it’s simple to generate balances.
How Much Does Pay Per Head Cost?
The costs will vary depending upon the service. We recommend joining a PPH that’s all-inclusive.
What we mean by this is to join a PPH without extra charges/fees for everything. You can expect to pay $10/head (weekly fee for every active player) for a top of the line PPH service.
A PPH is worth every penny. Without a pay per head, you won’t be able to start a sportsbook unless you have a five-figure budget, which we don’t recommend investing when you’re starting out.